We wish to inform our customers that because of regulations of the *Government of the Canary Islands as of Saturday December 19 (midnight on Friday) and until further notice, the bar will close at 22:00. Self-service of drinks in the bar and restaurant is prohibited. All drinks will be served exclusively by bar staff. Consumption of beverages will only be allowed on the terrace outside, at tables of a maximum of 4 people whilst continuing to respect the distance between other tables and guests. We remind you that smoking on the terrace is prohibited. The nightly shows will also be suspended because of these new temporary measures and the curfew that will be in place from 22.00 to 06.00 throughout the island.*
Alborada Ocean Club: With you and your safety in mind.
Make your booking with peace of mind, travel safely – Free cancellation policy
We offer 100% flexible rates so that you can make your booking with total peace of mind. Choose the flexible rate and you will make payment at reception upon your arrival and may cancel your booking at no cost at any time up to 72 hours before the date of arrival. (Excluding Xmas and Easter when cancellation are free of charge up until 7 days prior to arrival).
Here at Alborada, our priority is for you to enjoy your holiday without worrying. For this reason, we have defined some action and prevention protocols in line with the ICTE (Spanish Institute for Quality in Tourism) recommendations to ensure the health and well-being of both our guests and our employees.
This objective of achieving optimum efficiency and efficacy in cleaning processes, has been prioritised with our team of employees who have received specific training from Canatec35, a leading company in Spain for testing, cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Safety and hygiene in our facility has always been a priority for us, and we have received certification from Canatec35, but now more than ever we are taking all possible steps to ensure that hospitality continues to be a safe and enjoyable experience.
Please note that as per Spanish Government directives, the use of masks is mandatory for all people six years of age and older. It will be mandatory to wear a mask on “public roads, in outdoor spaces and in any closed space for public use, or in the one that is open to the public, regardless of maintaining the interpersonal safety distance of at least 1.5 meters ”.
In addition, the correct use of the mask will be mandatory, and it must cover the nose and mouth completely at all times
- Training for all staff on improved hygiene and prevention measures
- Taking the temperatureof all staff as they begin their shifts each day
- Staff have been equipped with PPEand trained in its correct use to guarantee everyone’s safety
- Use of specific antiviral cleaning solutions (as approved by the Spanish Ministry of Health)
- Observing Social Distancing measures
- Disinfection mat upon entrance to the hotel
- Social distancing floor indicators between guests and employees
- Prioritization of payment by contactless credit card
- Placement of transparent screens and use of metallic plates for money
- Disinfection and sterilization of room keys after each use
- Monitoring people’s temperaturewho enter the building in order to anticipate adequate medical attention
- Specific baggage management hygienemeasures in our luggage room
- Thorough cleaning of the entire room with viricidal products recommended by Spanish Ministry of Health
- Increased frequency of disinfectionof surfaces with greatest contact such as switches, door handles, doors and bathroom fittings
- Each room will remain unoccupied for at least 24 hoursbefore being reoccupied by a new guest
- Washing of sheets, towels and textiles with special programmes to guarantee maximum hygiene
- Thorough and more frequent cleaningof public areas, with special attention to bathrooms and areas of greater contact
- Improved ventilationof all common areas
- Common areas equipped with numerous hand sanitizer dispensers
- Restriction of occupancy levels in order to guarantee the minimum safety distance of 2mbetween people
- Lifts: Are not to be shared with other guests, only members of the same family/party can travel together in the lifts. Regular disinfection of lift buttons is carried out.
Restaurant and Pool Bar
- Hand sanitizer dispensersat entrance to restaurant and pool bar
- Limited capacityin restaurant and pool bar
- Minimum distance of 2 metres between tables
- Disinfection of tables and chairsafter each use
- Cleaning of kitchenware and equipmentwith disinfectant products at the end of each service
- No shared self-service buffet: our staff will serve you at the buffet meals
- Staff equipped with PPE
- Please take note: The mask will be mandatory in the hotel and restaurant establishments and services, including bars and cafes. The obligation to use it is only excluded at the time of food or drink intake.
- Rearrangement of seating to ensure a minimum distance of 2 metresbetween sun loungers
- Limited capacityin the swimming pool area to ensure social distancing measures are maintained
- Enhanced maintenance and cleaning of pool water (which is sea water) in order to guarantee optimum quality
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of the pool area and its furniture with viricidal disinfectant
- Please take note: On the beaches and swimming pools, the obligation to use the mask is only excluded while bathing and while remaining in a certain space, without moving, and provided that respect for the interpersonal safety distance between all users can be guaranteed. cohabiting. In any case, the use of a mask will be mandatory in the entrances, movements and walks that take place in these spaces and facilities.
- On the other hand, the Governing Council approved the prohibition of smoking on public roads or in spaces for public use where the physical distance of 1.5 meters cannot be maintained, taking into account the risk of COVID-19 contagion that smoke may imply.
We also inform you that, in accordance with DECREE law 17/2020, of October 29, on extraordinary measures in tourism to deal with the effects of the health and economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and with the best interests of our staff, clients and any other user who accesses our facilities in mind, as well as collaborating with the health recommendations to avoid the spread of SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19), the following measures have been put into place by the Government:
1. In order to access tourist accommodation establishments in the Canary Islands, it will be necessary for tourists of all nationalities, over six years of age, who do not reside in the Canary Islands, to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test, not taken more than 72h in advance of their trip to Tenerife, by means of a certificate, electronic or on paper, stating the date and time of the test, the identity of the person who took the test, the laboratory responsible for its verification and its nature.
2. The access condition referred to in the first paragraph will not apply to anyone who proves the condition of resident in the Canary Islands, and declares under their responsibility that they have not left the territory of the Community of the Canary Islands in the previous 15 days upon arrival at the facility and that in that period he has not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19. Nor will it be necessary to demonstrate that the aforementioned diagnostic test has been carried out for non-residents who prove through their travel document that they have stayed in the territory of the Community of the Canary Islands the 15 days immediately prior to the date of access to the tourist accommodation establishment, and that they also declare under their responsibility that in said period they have not had symptoms compatible with COVID-19.
3. The tourist accommodation establishment in the Canary Islands will deny access to the person who does not comply with the applicable conditions. However, the foregoing, and when the reason for denying access is the lack the aforementioned diagnostic test, the hotel will inform you about the places near the establishment where you could undergo this test, at the user’s expense. An overnight stay may be authorized for the time necessary to take the test and obtain the results. In this case, the tourist user will not be able to leave the room except to take the test and collect the results. The cost of the test is apprpoximately 100 euros and takes 24 hours.
4. Prior to the formalization of the reservation or contracting of tourist accommodation services in any of the tourist accommodation establishments in the Canary Islands, customers will be informed that they must download and keep active during their stay on the islands, as well as the 15 days immediately after their return to their place of origin, the RADAR COVID contagion alert mobile application.